The top athletes in the world have coaches. These coaches are rarely the greatest performers in their field, they are people who understand people. They create self awareness, encourage self analysis and help organise thinking. This is what I offer, whatever your field. I have trained in Executive Coaching, Generative Coaching and Coaching and Mentoring. I am a member of the International Coaching Federation and Accredited by them. My practice is also supervised by an ICF Coach. My clients have ranged from a Academy Rugby Player to an Executive on a FTSE 100 Board and Regional and Global Executives within some of the worlds largest banks. I am not an expert in any of their fields, I simply offer a space for them to think, I help organise those thoughts and try to ensure that they are considering multiple perspectives and options moving forward. I also work hard to help them understand their motivations. Our motivations drive us and if they are not aligned with our goals, then our performance will be compromised. And by the way, I pay to be coached too, seeking to improve my own performance.
What is Executive Coaching?
- “Executive Coaching is about improving leadership and management performance; it is about using the inherent wisdom and knowledge the coachee has, to find their own solutions.
- It is about helping people discover, from their background, from their experience, from their own knowledge, their own way forward.” AoEC Website.
- It is important to understand that as your coach Jon will not offer advice, guidance or tell you “you are right”, “you are wrong” or “good idea”. Some people find this frustrating to begin with. It is you who has the answers and resources you need. In coaching Jon will simply help you utilise those resources and find those answers by allowing you to talk through your challenges. He will ask the challenging questions that friends, family and colleagues will not ask but in the safety of a non-judgemental and confidential environment.
What Qualifications does Jon hold?
- AoEC Executive Coaching Certificate. (12 Hours International Coaching Federation recognised training)
- AoEC Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching. (60 Hours International Coaching Federation recognised training)
- CMI Level 5 in Coaching and Mentoring
- Generative Coaching Practitioner Diploma
- Supervised by a qualified Supervisor, Mentored by an Ashridge Trained Consultant/Coach and has PI/PL insurance up to £5,000,000 for Executive Coaching.
What does a course consist of?
- A course will normally consist of a 1 hour chemistry session followed by 6 sessions each being 90 minutes with 4-8 weeks between each session. This is flexible and will be tailored for the clients needs. Coaching can be provided in person, via video conferencing or over the phone.